Can you be-leaf it’s fall already!
With summer gone in a flash, it’s time to start planning for some Fall Fun!
Reflect for a moment on your fond childhood memories from the season. Think about the smell of home baked apple and pumpkin treats, Halloween treats and Thanksgiving dinners. You can relive those moments with some awesome fall activities with your kids. You won’t regret it!
No matter your kids’ ages there are lots of creative ways to keep them busy this season. Whether you choose to stay indoors or prefer to inhale the crispy outdoor air, make sure you have fun!
Here are some cool activities to consider this fall.
Love being adventurous? Then these are activities your entire family will love. Plus, you are sure to get your daily dose of exercise while spending quality time together.
- Visit a pumpkin patch.
- Go apple picking at a nearby orchard. Gather as many apples as you can to make yummy treats.
- Pack some snacks and take a long drive. Chat about interesting sights you spot along the way.
- Go on a nature walk. Have your kids compete to see who can find the most different colored leaves. Make sure they keep the leaves for a fun art project.
- For added fun, turn your nature walk into a scavenger hunt. Test your kids’ ability to find various objects based on shape, color, texture, and so on.
- Depending on the temperature, play some of your favorite sports in the yard or at your neighborhood facility.
- Pack a picnic basket and head to a nearby park or in your backyard.
- Outside may be chilly but you can still have some water fun! Take an old pool noodle and turn it into a water sprinkler for the kids to run through.
- Participate in your local community events. These are usually free so you won’t have to pay for everything!
- Take a break from the TV and join thousands on September 30 for Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play.
If it’s too chilly outside, bring the fun indoors with these really cool games and activities.
- Bake a batch of your favorite cookies and have the kids frost them. Use fall-themed cookie cutters, sprinkles and other fun toppings.
- Do some leaf rubbing and frame your masterpieces. Use leaves of different shapes and sizes for an added touch.
- Make pumpkin spice body scrubs. Store in small mason jars or recycled containers, add cute tags and give to family and friends.
- Choose some indoor games that you can play together.
- Get cosy by the fireplace and read a book or watch a movie together. Have a bowl of warm homemade soup to complete the experience.
- Get those aprons on and make some tasty apple and pumpkin treats. Make an extra batch to share with friends and family.
Give Thanks. Have Fun!
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time spent with family and friends. Make it even more memorable with these fun activities.
- Make a scarecrow using old clothes and place in your yard.
- Make fingerprint trees
- Have the kids decide on a theme. Make decorations based on the theme and throw a Thanksgiving party.
- Press various colored leaves and make placemats for your family dinners.
- Collect some pine cones and make some really cool pine cone turkeys. Add felt feathers (or leaves) and eyes and you have a table decoration your kids will be proud of!
Get ready to be freaked out with these awesome activities!
- Carve a pumpkin with a real scary face and put it in your yard to scare visitors! Or you can simply decorate your pumpkin.
- Make Halloween costumes with recycled items in your house. You can choose a family theme or just get creative!
- Make mini ghosts using coffee filters and tissue paper.
- Go trick or treating with your kids.
- Create your own candy bags to give out as Halloween treats. Fill brown paper bags with candy and have the kids design the bags with spooky creatures for added fun!
You and your whole family could have so much fun this fall with these exciting activities. So get the kids together and let the fun begin!